Following the explosion, we took a bit of time to try to gather our breath and remove the most egregious affects. We explore the rest of the rooms in this area.
- Large Black Pearl
- Alchemical Supplies (Witch Wardens)
- Nalthus’s gear (already split up)
- Holy Symbol of Pelor (Nolthus?)
We take the canoes back to the shore and use the Acorn Gate to return to the main grove to Verdant. There had been a shudder in the area and he believes that the realm feels cleaner. There is a band of skinwalkers on their way. We stay to help and defeat the band just as the sun rises.
We encourage the northern Olman survivors to travel with us to Tanaroa. We rest for the day and identify the loot and divy it up.
We expended alot of spell casting resources to do so.
Graven then casts consecrate and then restores the Vile Constitution damage.
They were on alert due to an earthquake 2 days ago. The Speaker is here, but the Chief is not. We convince the Speaker to take the Olman Survivors, to give them a chance. The chiefs are meeting near the Panitube.
We head to the Panitube tribe. The Speaker is there, but the Chief is not. We convey similar information and they give us a guide to take us to the chiefs.
We meet with the Chiefs. We relay what happened including the origins of the Nimbus Bow. We spend some time going into details based on their questions. We sketch maps for them. The Chiefs will want to talk with us further, at a later time. We tell them we’ll be at Farshore.
After discussion, the chief of the Mora let’s us know that his scouts have noted smoke rising from Farshore a few days aback, just after the quake.
We teleport back to town in two parts. Locke and Seaweed Jim port back as one group to Vandorboren manor and Graven ports the others back to the Church is Farshore.
Inside the church, there are bodies layed out on mats – 30 something.
Vandorboren Manor – a portion has been burned away. There are a dozen other places that have suffered fire damage. The various watch towers are /not/ burned.
The Wyvern and the Brine Harlot are in the harbor, but are damaged as well. The various people out and a bout, are doing ship repair.
The party is noticed and a mob of towns folk appear. They recount various bits of information:
At the Church:
- Merovanchi is probably down at the docks overseeing repairs for the evacution
- Lavinia was taken that night by her brother Vanthus
- Pearl checks on what happened with Churtle. He died. Pearl will have him raised.
At Vanderborn Manor (Locke, Jim, later Wiliam)
- Clarissa is alive and at her house
- Vanthus was heard to say: “It is time for you to love me again, sister. The Lord of the Crimson Fleet can awaken it in you when i bring you before him. Your time here. Is. Over.” Muhahaha. Then he vanished on his nightmarish mount.
- T’Ren participated in the nighttime assault and had to retreat due to the damage. He’s been back, but reclusive.
- Tara left on the Nixie.
- The Jade Ravens gathered supplies and along with Tara, left the next morning.
- They took the captain’s logs from the old ship to figure out were to go to find the Crimson Fleet base.
- William later attempts to scry Lavinia and fails – it seems she is shielded or something is preventing.
- William tries scrying Liamae and fails. He tries scring Tara and gets an image of the open sea.
- He then attempts to Message Liamae. He gets a reply, but seems offended he didn’t think they could complete their mission.
At the graveyard (Graven, Pearl, Atl, later Graven returns)
- There is a section of the soil that was burst out from inside
- The graveyard was consecrated by Graven that prevents undead from rising.
- But if something awakens the spirit from the far side, something could have happened.
- Graven returns to process the dead.
At the docks, work crews are going (William, then Pearl and Atl):
- William and Abner Merovanchi have a private conversation. The Crimson Fleet attacked again. No warning, just appeared in town.
- There were Gorilla, Demon Things. Some were killed and they have the bodies. They had tattoos of the Crimson Fleet on them.
- The leader hit the Vandorborne manor and took Lavinia when he left. Casterly (the Chaplain) tried to stop them and was struck down and is dead. There is alot of conflicting information.
- We lost 75 people that night.
- Amela and Brissa have also left on the Sea Nixie.
At Clarrisa’s (Seaweed Jim, Locke):
- Clarrisa was working on things at her work bench.
- Locke heads out.
- T’ren stopped in and checked on her.
- Locke heads for the Church.
That is the general status of the town so far. The townsfolk are very subdued.
We plan to meet with Merovinchay later that evening. Graven is planning to have a prayer service for the dead the next day.
We meet in the town hall with the survivor’s of the town council.
- Capt of the Guard chair is empty
They recap the events of the attack.
According to Churtle, there was a large explosion. She ducked in to Lavinia’s room. Churtle was killed by Vanthus.
The Jade Raven’s did not check in with them.
Merovinchi gives Locke a bloody hankerchief with a necklace that Locked had gifted to Lavinia.
We relay what happened with the Avatar of Demogorgon and about the graveyard and the workings of the Crimson Fleet.
We convince them to stop the evacuation for now. Perhaps we can secure some Olman Garrisoning to aid the security of Farshore. Merovinchi has been looking into securing the Scarlet Brotherhood to aid in security.
We identify the gorilla demons a Bar Lagura. They have tattoos that qualify as a vile deformities that tap into dark powers.
Is Jakarta here? He arrived yesterday. Pearl takes Atl to visit.
Graven spreads the word of the wake on the following day.
Telda Sirian ( Alchemist Girl ) seeks Locke out. She has a letter from Lavinia. She thought about our last conversation. If anything happens, Locke is the executor of her estates.
The next day dawns.
Graven found a letter from Tara.
Over the next several days, Atl will gain his Patron theme, the Lost.
Pearl check with Jakarta about imbuing the idols for spirit resonance. The party submits requests for building and imbuing idols.
- Graven conducts the service in the morning. Locke attends. It goes well.
- Hallows the graveyard.
- Sending to Tara. Conveys that Crimson Fleet is backed by Demogorgon. She responds that Tolan found maps of reefs around Scuttlecove.
- Burials for 74 remains. (An Hour Per/A Dozen a Day) – Will take about 6 days
- Will Hallow the Church with Gentle Repose mixed in
- Stievan visits the Mora tribe.
- Tries to convince them for help and spends time with them building faction.
- They will send about a dozen tribesmen to help and rotate them in.
- Pearl visits the Burrowoa tribe.
- Meets with the twins and Bulgach and conveys what happened.
- The Twins say the island has felt different in the last couple of days.
- The Creation Process had to be what was important there. To find the goal, we’ll have to follow the trail.
- The Speakers will communicate with the other speakers on things.
- She wants to speak with Sheol; he is down at the shore. She grills him on Crimson Fleet knowledge that he might have.
- He was processed in Scuttlecove. The slaves are handled by the Seventh Coil. The Seventh Coil has ties to the Crimson Fleet.
- The leader of the Crimson Fleet is named Cold Captain Wyther. The Prince of her people is likely in his care.
- Sheol would like to be a member of the crew if/when we go to deal with the Crimson Fleet.
- She plans to stay at Burrowoa until the party sends for her
- Locke’s Actions
- Find T’Ren and talks with him
- Visits the Tanaroa tribe to continue building faction.
- William visits the Usee tribe to speak with Belatin of the Scarlet Brotherhood for information on the Crimson Fleet.
- They had a group at Rat’s End that was exterminated by the Scarlet Brotherhood.
- William asks if they took any charts or ledgers from those ships. Belatin doesn’t answer, but inquiries lead to the name ‘Scuttlecove’.
- Does Belatin know where Scuttlecove be? He asks for a favor. It would take about 2 weeks to travel to Scuttlecove from the Isle of Dread.
- The Crimson Fleet does not control Scuttlecove, there are various factions, though the Crimson Fleet is the lifeblood of the city. There is a strange magic affect that makes some magics in-effective. The city ruled by a trio of priests. Seem to control the affects of divine magic upon the city. We should carefully prepare.
- Returns to Farshore
- Spends the afternoon aiding in the analysis and repair of the ships.
- Sea Wyvern is not sea worthy.
- Brine Harlot has some rigging down.
- Seaweed Jim goes to the Hall of Records
- Meeting his contact Shady.
- Relays what happened.
- Provides the Stone Tablet archive
- Jim makes some rubbings of some of the tablets
- Provides some of the Alchemical items
- Asks him to analyze and share what he learns
- Asks for insights on what happened with Vanthus and the Crimson Fleet
- Stationed around the pirate isles
- Would like a general intelligence report or a map? The Seekers have a local chapter at Scuttlecove. Follow their secret signs.
- Any suggestions on how to arrive in the city? If we can pass ourselves off as Reef Scum. Divine Magic is outlawed there. Has permission to drop ’Shady’s’ name.
- Atl will take about 3 days with Jakarta to get his initial Tattoos.
- Olman Faction – Metagame Wise
- Can spend two days with the tribe to auto-raise our Faction by one level. Can be repeated
- Clarissa has completed the following people’s items:
- Locke’s Robes of Arcane Heritage and chords of dispel
- Pearl’s chest piece
- Pearl spends time with the Burrowa
- Stieven spends time with the Mora
- Graven will be working to inter the bodies
- Sending to Tara
- Sending to his mother Superior
- William continues working on repairing the ship
- Check’s on getting the spell of Fabricate from Clarrisa
- Seaweed Jim goes to spend a day with Panitube
- Locke spends another day with Tanaroa