The heated fighting continued. Graven Urthadar got to William and was able to fan a spark of life back into William Nystram. Seaweed Jim in a giant crab form, floated up to the flying, female skinwalker to engage her. After we dropped the female skinwalker, Stievan Silver ensured she would never arise again. We were victorious over the skinwalkers.
- 13 Magic +1 Olman Shimalo’koi Wood Swords
- 13 Magic 5 Str Mod)
- 13 Magic +1 Large Wooden Shields
- Lesser Metamagic Rod of Empower – Assigned to William Nystram
- Amulet of Mighty Fist +1
- Headband of Charisma +2
- Ring of Protection +2 – Assigned to Elyas Jetables and put Ring of Protection +1 back in the party pool
- (Ring of Protection +2 from first female skinwalker assigned to Pearl and put a Ring of Protection +1)
We search the village. Seven tree huts and a central tree hut. Seaweed Jim doesn’t notice the Violet Fungus as he searches a hut. The central hut is carved in Olman like scripts.
Some key things we were able to pull out of the carvings:
- One of the runic symbols comes up over and over again – roughly translates as a name – ‘Khala’
- The tone the name is referred to is obsessive and zealous, almost fanatic. None of the party recognizes the name.
- ‘Achcauhtli’ – symbolic name for chief
- ‘Enkai’ – female pronoun – teacher
- ‘Nulonga’ – comes up once – in a ramble – a name – Pearl recognizes hearing the name before – When we wear dealing with Totaniuh, he said there was a fall out in ancient Thanaclan, there was a traitor who imprisoned him – that was Nulonga.
- References to some of the things done on top of the ziggurat – ritual torture, flayed, then lit on fire. The magic skin is then thrown on top to fuse it.
It was getting dark and we were deciding on where to camp. We found a place off trail and Elyas and Seaweed Jim left a false trail. William summoned a hut for us to camp in.
We set watches:
- Seaweed Jim and Elyas
- Locke, Pearl, and William
- Graven and Stieven
During second watch, I heard a soft howling from beyond our hut. I woke the party and opened a shutter to look beyond. A ghost (specter) of an Olman floated 18 inches from beyond the window. I said to him “Honored Elder, how can we lay you to rest?” He replied “Free me or make the pain stop.” Out in the forest, four more forms float. He hisses out again “Free me or make the pain stop.” Graven reached out and touched him with a power and the tortured look changes to one of peace and he fades away. The four specters rushed form the woods focused on Graven, calling out “Free us or make the pain stop.” Graven irradiated positive energy to lay them to rest and a fight ensues. We were able to lay to them rest. Those not on watch returned to rest and we completed the night.
We headed back to a previous four way fork and head north to circle around the area we probably put on high alert. The hidden trails aren’t as concealed, it looks like they aren’t rehiding them. We come across the non-hidden path that goes back to the beach. We head east along it back towards the beach. We come across another village. Seems they had non-audible alarms spells in place.
WE STOPPED BEFORE COMBAT BEGINS